One of my contacts on my S7 has two home email addresses. One is correct. I can't delete the bad address. There's no delete function when I try to edit. A long press gives options to copy to clipboard or set as default.
    08-10-2016 10:03 AM
    Hi Old Professor

To delete one email address for one contact see the attached images on how to do it. Just open the address book and select the contact you want to edit, then tap the edit bottom on the top right side. Once in the edit screen find the email you want to delete and select the minus buttom.How to delete a bad address-screenshot_20160810-092405.jpgHow to delete a bad address-screenshot_20160810-092335.jpg

Let me know if this is answers your question, If it's a different issue please add more detail to your question and if possible screenshots.

Have a good day

Erasmo
    08-10-2016 10:43 AM
    There is no minus sign on the right edge. Instead thee is an "@" which puts me into email.How to delete a bad address-screenshot-bad-email-address.jpg
    08-10-2016 12:58 PM
    There is no minus sign on the right edge. Instead thee is an "@" which puts me into email.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot-bad email address.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	234588
    Tap edit that is at the top of the screen, then the options to delete will show up. Be sure and hit save after editing.
    08-10-2016 03:44 PM
    When I taped "edit," the option to delete did not appear. The word "home" appeared after both good and bad addresses. I tried clicking on "home," but that didn't do any good. I'm beginning to think that I should copy down the contact information, delete the contact, and make a new entry. Your thoughts?

How to delete a bad address-screenshot-bad-email-address2.jpg
    08-10-2016 05:00 PM
    Hmm.. That's odd. No plus and minus to the right side of each entry?

Do you save your contacts to Google?
    08-10-2016 05:25 PM
    What if you tap on the text field, then manually delete the text (using backspace, or selecting it all and doing a Cut command)?
    08-10-2016 05:31 PM
    It doesn't show up on the screen shot because I obscured the personal information, but the email addresses are greyed out, as are the other descriptors on the right (home, other, mobile) and they are not editable.

I don't save contacts to Google, nor do I use gmail. I avoid the cloud as much as possible. I do sync with Outlook, using Samsung Smart Switch over the USB cable.
    08-10-2016 08:08 PM
    It doesn't show up on the screen shot because I obscured the personal information, but the email addresses are greyed out, as are the other descriptors on the right (home, other, mobile) and they are not editable.

I don't save contacts to Google, nor do I use gmail. I avoid the cloud as much as possible. I do sync with Outlook, using Samsung Smart Switch over the USB cable.
    I'll let B. Diddy see if he knows more, but..

Storing your contacts to your Google account for your phone might be a good idea. They are automatically updated if you change anything. If you lost or phone or it died, they would be there as soon as you signed into a new Android phone.
    08-10-2016 08:11 PM
    Nah, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to syncing with Outlook. For me, there's still too much potential for total data loss when using Outlook only locally on a computer.
    08-11-2016 02:17 AM
    Check to see if there is any other accounts linked to that contact.
    08-11-2016 02:59 AM