My brother committed digital suicide this morning. I learned from him never to use another Gmail account as the backup account to a primary Gmail account & to disconnect 2-step Authentication. He recently reset both Gmail passwords and setup 2-Step authentication with phone.
    He uses keepass to remember his passwords. Unfortunately the KeePass database is stored on his Google Drive. Ironically, when he put the case back on his Samsung G7, it pushed just the right button combination to factory reset his phone. What protects the physical property screwed him in the digital world. He used the password generator to create the passwords and can't remember either one of them. He called Google on several occasions and they were no help. They insisted he needs to know his passwords. He must be the first person in the world to have this problem. "Frist!" Even if he launches KeePass on the computer he
    has no way to point/connect to his database on Google Drive. So let me get this straight, the best digital protection is to manually write down a password? Anyone run into this issue? Were you able to recover your Gmail account? Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-10-2016 09:28 PM