I have a metro pcs Galaxy core prime that's screen is busted in every way possible, a friend had a less damaged, exactly the same phone (we got them from the same store, days apart). How do I switch from one to the other? He thought all I needed to do was to switch my SIM card with his and it would work? I figured nothing could be that easy, but gave it a shot with no success. Any help would be appreciated!
    08-10-2016 09:55 PM
    Hello.
    The friends device needs to be factory reset in the Settings menu so it doesn't ask for that Google account on start up.
    Use your Google account, and Samsung account if you have one, and let them sync in the Accounts settings.
    Use Samsung Smart Switch for pc, or the Smart Switch app, but you would need access to the old device afaik.
    If there was no lock screen security you may be able to back up everything (most things) to a pc via usb from the old device.

Try Samsung Smart Switch for pc but the older Samsung Kies program may work for this device.

If you cannot access the damaged one, you are left with restoring in Settings - Backup and Restore or similar, and waiting for Sync to function.

You may have to download many of YOUR apps manually, but they will be in the Play Store app - Settings - My Apps - Install.
    08-11-2016 05:05 AM