Lost my pictures S5 Galaxy

A

AC Question

Please help! I was losing internal storage so watched a video on YouTube on how to transfer to my SD card. It said "not to MOVE them" Rather "copy them to SD card" They are no gone and I had over 6000 photos.

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Copying is always safer, since you don't have to worry about something going wrong mid-transfer resulting from the loss of your files. If you had done this, you would (at the very least) still have the original photos on your device.

Please detail exactly what you did and what app you used to perform the file transfer.

On a side note, I always recommend using a cloud sync option, like Google Photos or Dropbox, etc. You never know when your phone might get lost, stolen, broken, etc, no matter how careful you are with it.

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Easiest way to find out where (if they are still there) is to locate your USB power cord and plug this into your computer.. this will open iTunes or Windows Media Player. If neither of these open, locate your folder/files and look for the smart phone within the folders IE: "Removable Device" etc

Once you've located the phone connected to your computer via the folders, right click to explore the folders within your smart phone.. You should see data, music, picture etc on the screen.. but you should have two list.. or drives displayed on your screen.. One being the internal memory and one being the external or SD card (assuming there is an SD card installed) explore all of these area, but do not alter these unless you find the pictures, then you can drag images or data to the correct location or even to your computer from this vantage point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech