So last year i dropped my phone in the toilet and i couldnt get to rice or a hairdrier quick enough so it sat there for a year now im just finding it and i tried to charge it but the screen is flashing with the android mascot the red dot to show its charging is on but it turns off from time to time i just put it in rice now do you think it will work? If not what should i do?
    08-11-2016 11:33 AM
    No; that has to be done immediately. The best bet now would be to dispose of it and use a new device.
    08-11-2016 11:57 AM
    Your device is toast. Time to replace!
    Aquila likes this.
    08-11-2016 11:57 AM
    Generally, if you can get the device dried out quickly enough, you might be OK, assuming nothing important was damaged by a short. If it sat with water inside of it, you are possibly dealing with some level of corrosion, which is causing a short and preventing proper option.

But, it *might* just be the battery. Lithium Ion batteries (like are in every smart phone) are like car batteries: if they go completely dead, they cannot be recharged. That's why your phone gets pushing about charging when your battery gets low. It's possible that the water caused a minor short which simply caused the battery to discharge to a very low level, and it now cannot be recharged. If this is a device with a removable battery, see if you can get a replacement cheap, or take it to your local carrier and see if they will let you try a fresh battery, and pay for it only if the phone is able to power up.
    08-11-2016 01:45 PM