I finally applied the June update to my S6 and now my emails show in thread view in the Email app (not Gmail). It now shows me how many messages are in the thread by putting the number in () but I can only read the most recent message. If I open the message the thread button in the lower right shows the number of messages in the thread as well but doesn't do anything when you tap it. Any way to fix this?
    08-11-2016 12:44 PM
    This might be a silly question, but have you tried rebooting the phone? Sometimes stuff needs to "reset" after an update.

If that's not fixing it, try removing your account info from inside the EMail App, rebooting, and then adding your account back. I assume (since you said "not Gmail") that this isn't the main Google account on the device?
    08-11-2016 01:25 PM
    Tried your suggestions with no luck. This is not the main Google account. I can delete an entire thread of messages but I just can't read any other than the current message. Up until this update messages were never grouped (which was a feature I missed). Now they are but I can't access them. Since this is a work account, I may have to use another email app as not being able to read emails isn't very effective.
    08-11-2016 01:46 PM