I have a T-mobile galaxy s6, up-to-date. I receive all my texts but I do not get any notification, sound, pop up message, lock screen message, anything at all for my texts. I only can tell if I go to my homescreen and look at the "messages" icon, where the number of unread texts I have are displayed on the upper right on the icon.

I have disabled and turned off notifications for google hangouts, uninstalled google voice, and uninstalled other messaging apps like Line.

I made sure all notification options in the messaging app were on and my notification sound was all the way up.

I reset to factory settings.

Any suggestions? Thanks
    08-12-2016 01:13 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Go to the App Manager, select the messaging app, and tap Notifications--is it turned on there?

Also, are you not getting messages only when the phone is asleep, or also when the phone is awake? If the former, make sure that you don't have any power-saving modes or apps turned on. And go to Settings>Data Usage​ to make sure Restrict Background Data isn't turned on, either universally or for the messaging app specifically.
    08-12-2016 03:07 AM
    Sounds like you need to check settings > device > notifications > messaging and not just settings from the app menu.
    08-12-2016 03:16 AM