Not had a phone since 2005, I've been hiding under a rock.

Please treat me as I know nothing because I do. I got a new job and they are going to pay for the service but not the phone. I will have verizon. My budget is around 400-600.

I know this is andriod but, one of my choices is the iphone se. Please dont' hate me, if this is a terrible choice, please tell me why, I thought at 400.00 it was at a good selling point. I know nothing of what andriod can do vs iphones os.

so here or the phones that I thought would be okay.

iphone se 400.00
    galaxy 6 576.00
    droid maxx2 384.00

I have a feeling everyone is going to say the galaxy 6 because I read the reviews and well.. this is just a killler phone it seems. However, I'm just going to use this as a phone, get on facebook, and maybe take some pictures. I don't know what all a phone can do really.

Also, would you suggest getting a pre owned phone from verizon, I can get a galaxy s5 for 312.00

Thank you for reading all this
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    08-12-2016 04:27 AM
    You should probably just get the iPhone SE if you just want a simple smartphone for calls, pics and social media.
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    08-12-2016 04:40 AM
    The Galaxy6 is 176 dollars more. Is it worth it? Just what can the galaxy do that the iphone se cannot do? I no nothing about androids but I see a lot more support for them. I also really don't want to give apple my money unless I have too.
    08-12-2016 05:35 AM
    Hey No problem. I was in the same boat after having a flip phone since 2004. it was time for a new smart phone. reason I wanted a smart phone, is because I've heard so much about the image and video quality. To me I selected a smart phone based on the price (of course) and the image quality etc.
    In this instance, it's best to locate the cell provider first and view what phones they have to offer with their service. I've found that (in our case being cheap and not using as much data/text as most other smart phone owners) We've opted fo a pay as you go/need plans as offered by tranfone and once I heard about tranfone offering smart phones for the first time.. I knew this was the way to go.

You, on the other hand might need an unlimited data/text plan, which ranges in price from 40.00 - 80.00 (or more depending on the provider) So think about the plan first, then check into what phones they offer. As a comparison, If I had selected an unlimited plan, I would have been losing money because I don't use the smart phone as must as others.. so the pay as I go just seems to benefit my style.

Lastly, you can go the harder router by selecting a phone (Unlocked used etc) then select a plan that first you. Often providers have what is known as "switch now and keep your existing phone deals. So no matter which direction you take, check the plans first then find that phone within that plan.
    08-12-2016 05:38 AM
    my company is putting my phone on their plan, so i will not have to worry about a plan just a phone

update.. I've done some research, and I looks like the best phone right now for the price is the galaxy s7, i can get payments for 25.00 a month. Or is they have a pre owned S5 I can get own for 13.00 a month which is half the cost.

So, just what can an android phone do? What are some of the cool stuff?
    anon(9983233) likes this.
    08-12-2016 06:00 AM
    @Darnock

Very generous that your company has offered to put you on their plan.. but just a word of warning.. (as with the case of my wife's company) they could be tracking your data and listing in sort of speak. My wife's company keeps asking her to join Facebook and connect her phone to their system (much like you've suggested) but we all know and have heard what "The walls Have Eyes" means.. and "beware of strangers baring gifts"
    08-12-2016 06:24 AM
    yeah.. that is some good advice, though I'm pretty careful on what I say and do on facebook because I have a few "friends" that can help me with my social status and career lol. I'll be make sure to watch out what I say and do. I don't think they can view most my stuff without a court order though
    08-12-2016 07:00 AM
    You have a very complex and sophisticated device with the S6, there are myriad things you can do to get yourself in trouble. As much as i hate to say it, those iPhone are more idiotproof, they just work without much input needed from the user. You don't need as much tech savvy if you like. I love Android but for a complete newbie, it will be a steep learning curve! Good luck, if you go Android, we are all here to hold your hand and help you.
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    08-12-2016 09:22 PM
    It really depends on what you want to do with your phone. To cover most of the bases get a galaxy. Preferably one with some sort of warranty.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-12-2016 09:46 PM
    Well if may I add my opinion on this issue. I think 80% of Phone
    switchers go by the 2.Brands iPhone-Samsung. Let Me tell you
    I switch Phone 2mos. ago-1of my favorites was iPhone SE
    for its size. But didn't like its interface..But goFor it
    08-12-2016 09:50 PM