Nexus 6p replacing my Samsung 4S.

My IP Cam Viewer Pro app has a strange, reoccurring error. With regularity, the app will stop with “Unfortunately, IP Cam Viewer has Stopped”. I have discovered that briefly logging into my Google account (by setting up my Google Account in Settings) and then logging out will correct the app function. I do nothing more than just log-in. I log out by removing my Google account (the only method of logging out). This will restore IP Cam Viewer operation.

Immediately afterwards, my Contacts disappear. I have them backed up in a .vcf file in the Download folder, so it’s a simple matter of importing my contacts to restore them.

I never had this issue with my Samsung 4S.

It seems that the Nexus 6p (or Marshmallow) has some dependency staying logged-in to my Google account. That I will not do.

I emailed the app developer, Robert Chou, about this issue. He replied that I may have a corrupt install and to reinstall. I have not done this and it doesn’t seem to be the problem.

Is there some app syncing going on when logged-in? I don’t understand why I now have to log-in to restore IP Cam Viewer operation and why I loose Contacts afterwards.
    08-13-2016 08:12 AM
    Ok, what I’ve discovered is this is one of many Android errors that are unresolved.

It is of the type “Unfortunately, “app” has stopped working” error and is a basic Android error. You’ll find this error occurring in every release of Android. I’m using Marshmallow with my new Nexus 6p. It is usually specific to a particular app and not necessarily the fault of the app.

I’m having this common error reported using IP Cam Viewer. My workaround is to log-in to my Google account. I only have to log-in and nothing more. I can immediately log-off and the IP Cam Viewer works as expected. It will continue to work for some period of time, but the error always comes back.

The weird thing is after this error and logging into my Google account, my Contacts disappear. I have them backed up and stored in my Download folder. It’s a simple matter of importing them and my Contacts are back. Why it disappears is unknown.

I suspect this odd behavior is due to Marshmallow. Hopefully, this will be corrected in a future release, because Robert Chou developer of the IP Cam Viewer app is not helping in any way and Android Central is a wasteland of support.

Otherwise, my Nexus 6p is working flawlessly.
    08-15-2016 01:41 PM
    Logging out of Google on your Android phone removes all Contacts, ie. you must remain logged-in at all times. That's not gonna happen and is a long standing security issue with Google. I just noticed that the message when removing the Google account on my Android phone says all this information will be deleted too! That's just wrong.

I don't use my phone for any mobile banking, no social networking, no chat or photo sharing. I'm remembering just why I dislike Google so much. Great phone, but no privacy and lame security if you can't log-out!
    08-15-2016 03:40 PM