Problems with games dimming on phone

A

AC Question

I am having problems with games on my Android 4.0.3 phone(specifically Tales From The Borderlands).Im looking for someone to help me with my problem. Whenever I open the game its darker then usual but whenever I bring down the dropdown menu I can see the game get brighter behind it, and the same thing whenever I press the home button for a glimpse I see the game the way it's supposed be. I will post screenshots if anyone wants.Please if anyone has any information on how to fix this reply. Thanks.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Check in game settings. It sounds to me, the game is coded to be "dark". When you pull down the notification shade, the system settings take over and brightens the screen. Same thing happens when you press the home button.

So check settings to see if in game brightness can be changed. If not, turn screen brightness all the way up via display settings or slider bar in notification shade if present.

I would also encourage you to provide feedback back to the game developers. You can do this by visiting the app in the Google Play Store and look for the email/contact option.

xNeonix

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I am the guy who posted above I made an account to reply, I tried the things you mentioned above but no luck because the game does not have an in game brightness setting and this may not make any sense but when I turn the phone brightness all the way up all it does is make the darkness brighter. I also put the game on a tablet of mine to see if things would change on there and everything was normal on it. I dont know if this helps but I have an Sgh-t599n with an ARMv7 Processor and a Mali-400 Mp GPU.

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Are you using any kind of "gaming optimizer" app? It may be reducing the screen brightness to save battery. Also, some "custom auto-brightness" apps, like Lux can allow a set of apps that will be set to a default brightness (to prevent your hand covering the sensor making the game dim). Beyond either of those, I would guess it's something in the game itself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay