09-19-2016 04:08 AM
31 12
tools Reply
    Has anyone else experienced this on an Android phone. I have a Galaxy S 6 Edge.
    08-15-2016 07:09 AM
    I've been getting the same pop-up myself for the past few days. Recently had to RMA my LG G4 and this has been occuring since I recieved my replacement. Haven't installed any new apps, that were not installed before I RMA'd my old phone.

I've found some old posts related to this, but no solutions. I would love to find out what APK is causing this so I can disable it.
    08-15-2016 01:10 PM
    Just asked the same question that started happening to me about 4 days ago. Someone replied to shut my htc10 off and than open in safe mode.so I did, than restarted my phone again and I haven't had that pop-up all day. Can't tell you what that did but so far it has worked. Unfortunately I can't find the person who replied with that answer but it did work for me. GOODLUCK

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-15-2016 07:10 PM
    Im having the same problem after upgrading to MM myself... I have Gnote 4 on Verizon... any other ideas...? its really starting to become a Pain in the A#@$%
    08-20-2016 09:16 AM
    Hello to all wanna share an experience with u all if u had a Samsung s7 edge n u r experiencing any flash screen when ur device is lock it simple uninstalled those program that u have recently installed then restart ur device go on safe mode to check if it repeats the same problem if not the problem is solve thank you
    belodion likes this.
    08-25-2016 08:54 AM
    Hey guys... just an update

I'm still having the same issues on BOTH of my Verizon Note 4 phones. So here is where I'm at so far..

- I was able to capture a screenshot of a "deep" scan... the APK of that deep scan is: 85e07ca6f7d72ed4bb860dcfd44357cc.apk shortly after that scan message comes up, the yellow booster app prompts me to install it.... I DID NOT enable unknown sources... I rebooted the phone into Safe Mode... search the 85xxxxx.apk above, found it and deleted it..... and rebooted the phone back into normal mode. It was okay for a day or so, then it came back... and sure enough the 85xxxxx.apk was back and so was the Yellow Booster message... along with the spam ad's on the lock screen.

So on my backup phone... I blew it away again and I'm ONLY installing my core apps (at first) to see if the popup comes back. My "core apps" would be Nova Launcher Prime, ChompSMS and Maildroid. I'll leave it for a few days and see what transpires, if anything... then I will begin to install a few apps at a time and wait a few days... unless anyone else has a better idea...

Thoughts...?
    08-26-2016 11:28 AM
    my wife's phone has been having the issue with the pop ups for Yellow Booster for about a week but today was the first chance I've had to research it. Unfortunately, there is very little info about it. From the research I've done so far, I'm confident it's not the work of the developer of the app for two reasons:
    First, the app has a 4.8 rating on Play Store with close to 100,000 downloads and secondly because of the wording and its grammar errors in the pop up. You can tell the message in the pop up message was written by someone for whom English is not their primary language. That's not the case with the associated text in the description on Play Store.
    What pisses me off is it is completely undetected by Malware apps and is seemingly non-existent on the device using any type of search agent - until the pop up comes up. Please continue to post your findings with this. My wife is starting to get cranky which has a direct correlation to the amount of sex I'll get until it's gone! ;>)
    08-26-2016 03:40 PM
    Tell me about it.. I've been dating a bottle of hand lotion for 2 weeks now..!!

Yes, I agree... none of the malware apps are detecting it... can you please do me a favor..? I know its a PITA, but could you please post a list of apps that she has installed on her phone. In addition, please provide some specs... Because I have so many apps installed, I'd like to compare my list to your wifes and see what the commonality is.

Both of my phones are Verizon Note 4's purchased here in the US...

My App list is:

Alarm Clock Xtreme...........Amazon Shopping..... American Airlines... App Lock... Backgrounds....Beautiful Widgets
    Brightest Flashlight............Brilliant QUotes........Business Calendard... Business Calendar Pro... Calculator Plus
    Carly for BMW Pro..... ChompSMS........Chrome..... Cisco Webex Meetings......Clock........ Compass........Contacts Sync Fix
    Converter........Craigslist...... Custome ICS Search.........Dictonary......OneDrive.........Dropbox.........Dumpster.......ebay
    ES File Explorer......exdialer......Exdialer Elegant Theme.......Facebook (disabled).........Flixter........FMC.......FolderSync
    Foxfi.... Foxfi Key..........GateGuru.....Google text to speech Engine..... Google Plus (disabled).......Hancom Office 2014
    Hangouts (disabled).....HD Widgets......IMDB........Instagram.......iVMS-4500.....LectureNotes Trial......LightFlow Legacy
    Lotto Results.....Maildroid....Message+ (disabled).... Messages... MX Player.... MY IP....Network Info II.... Network Subnetting
    NFL Mobile....Nova Launcher.... Nova Launcher Prime...OneNote.... Package Tracker Express.....Paper Toss 2.0.... Peel Smart Remote
    Pen.up..... Polaris Office.....Poweramp ... Poweramp Full Version unlocked... QuickPic...Real Calc... RoboForm.... Roku....
    Seat Alerts.... SeatGuru.... SEPTA..... Skype... Slacker Radio.... Smart Voice Recofder....SMS Backup... SMS Backup & Restore...
    Solitair... Stopwatch & Timer... Swiftkey Keyboard... Tapatalk...The Score...Timeriffic.... Tip Me... Translate... Tunein Radio...
    TweetCaster... Uber...Ultrachrom Lite.... unblock Me Free... United Airlines...Wallpaper Wizardrii.... WaterColor Pencil Lite
    Waze...Weather Bug... WebMD....Wifi Analyzer....Wikipedia.... Word Search.... World Clock....Yelp.... Youmail... Zedge...Zillow...
    08-26-2016 06:11 PM
    Tell me about it.. I've been dating a bottle of hand lotion for 2 weeks now..!!

Yes, I agree... none of the malware apps are detecting it... can you please do me a favor..? I know its a PITA, but could you please post a list of apps that she has installed on her phone. In addition, please provide some specs... Because I have so many apps installed, I'd like to compare my list to your wifes and see what the commonality is.

Both of my phones are Verizon Note 4's purchased here in the US...

My App list is:

Alarm Clock Xtreme...........Amazon Shopping..... American Airlines... App Lock... Backgrounds....Beautiful Widgets
    Brightest Flashlight............Brilliant QUotes........Business Calendard... Business Calendar Pro... Calculator Plus
    Carly for BMW Pro..... ChompSMS........Chrome..... Cisco Webex Meetings......Clock........ Compass........Contacts Sync Fix
    Converter........Craigslist...... Custome ICS Search.........Dictonary......OneDrive.........Dropbox.........Dumpster.......ebay
    ES File Explorer......exdialer......Exdialer Elegant Theme.......Facebook (disabled).........Flixter........FMC.......FolderSync
    Foxfi.... Foxfi Key..........GateGuru.....Google text to speech Engine..... Google Plus (disabled).......Hancom Office 2014
    Hangouts (disabled).....HD Widgets......IMDB........Instagram.......iVMS-4500.....LectureNotes Trial......LightFlow Legacy
    Lotto Results.....Maildroid....Message+ (disabled).... Messages... MX Player.... MY IP....Network Info II.... Network Subnetting
    NFL Mobile....Nova Launcher.... Nova Launcher Prime...OneNote.... Package Tracker Express.....Paper Toss 2.0.... Peel Smart Remote
    Pen.up..... Polaris Office.....Poweramp ... Poweramp Full Version unlocked... QuickPic...Real Calc... RoboForm.... Roku....
    Seat Alerts.... SeatGuru.... SEPTA..... Skype... Slacker Radio.... Smart Voice Recofder....SMS Backup... SMS Backup & Restore...
    Solitair... Stopwatch & Timer... Swiftkey Keyboard... Tapatalk...The Score...Timeriffic.... Tip Me... Translate... Tunein Radio...
    TweetCaster... Uber...Ultrachrom Lite.... unblock Me Free... United Airlines...Wallpaper Wizardrii.... WaterColor Pencil Lite
    Waze...Weather Bug... WebMD....Wifi Analyzer....Wikipedia.... Word Search.... World Clock....Yelp.... Youmail... Zedge...Zillow...
    Sure, I can do that but it won't be for a couple of hours. A quick scan of your list I saw only 3 or 4 apps that match her installed apps.

Her phone:
    LG G3. Not rooted running 6.0 Marshmallow. No custom ROMs, launcbers, themes, etc.
    Verizon Wireless.

Give me a little bit and I'll post her list of apps.

Coach
    08-26-2016 07:35 PM
    Here's the list. I didn't include system apps...

Caller Name ID
    Chrome
    Drive (Google)
    DT Ingnit
    eBay
    Facebook
    Flash Keyboard
    FreeCell
    Google Apps
    Google Opinion Rewards
    Google wallet
    IMDB
    List My Apps
    Lumosity
    Mahjong Solitaire
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    MapQuest
    OfferUp
    Slacker Radio
    SolitaireFree
    State capitals
    Super Backup
    ThinkFree viewer
    Toy Blast
    Trivia Crack
    Wallet
    Wells Fargo

The following apps are installed but disabled:
    Amazon
    Amazon Kindle
    Audible
    Cloud
    Cloud Python
    Google Play Books, Movies & TV, Newsstand
    Hangouts
    Verizon Message+
    NFL Mobile
    08-26-2016 10:27 PM
    Coach Steve... Thank you for the update...

I took the liberty of paring your list with my list and here is what I've come up with... With the exception of the ebay app, all of the other applications that we have in common are installed by default from the factory.

The document below and our FULL List of Applications can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d0dj8amyr...PT--5qFma?dl=0

What is Yellow Booster? I keep getting a pop up that wants me to "confirm" it.-list.png
    08-27-2016 12:08 AM
    That being the case and neither of us having anything that was installed by "unknown sources" how is this issue getting onboard and how can we figure out what is triggering it?
    BTW, what app did you use to perform the deep scan that ID'd the apk?

**SOAPBOX ALERT**
    The thing I have never understood about the individuals/companies/etc. that get their popup ads installed roguely onto devices, is why they would think it would persuade the infected victim to do business of any kind with them. Just baffles me...
    08-27-2016 10:45 AM
    Hey guys, reading your lists there are two apps that caused similar problems a little while ago. They are ES File Explorer and Flash Keyboard. Try disabling them temporarily and see what happens.
    08-27-2016 11:20 AM
    Sorry misread the question

GRIM
    08-27-2016 11:29 AM
    A question for those infected, if you connect to a PC as a storage device, will the PC's antivirus detect and remove it?

GRIM
    08-27-2016 11:57 AM
    @Coach Steve... Yes, I agree with you 100%, this is nuts..

"Lookout" was the app that detected the deep scan of the APK... Just a note.. I rebooted the phone and DELETED the xxx.apk directly in safe mode... and restarted the phone and it came back.

@Javier P ... Yes, I've been told that ES File Explorer may have been the culprit. However, I UNINSTALLED it, went back into safe mode again, deleted the xxxx.apk, rebooted and still shows up. As far as Flash Keyboard, I personally do not use this. Also note, I've been using ES File Explorer for years, even on this same device when I had 5.x Operating system install and it was never an issue.

Also, note... on my back up Note 4 that I did a factory reset and started all over again... I only have the following apps installed and so far I have not had it return...

- Maildroid
    - ES File Explorer
    - SMS Restore & Recover
    - Chomp SMS
    - Nova Launcher Prime
    08-27-2016 12:19 PM
    ^ ES File Explorer is not the app it once was.
    08-27-2016 12:44 PM
    ^^ Oh, I agree... and I'm open for suggestions for a similar app like ES File Explorer
    belodion likes this.
    08-27-2016 01:03 PM
    OK...!! Here is where we're at... Comparing the application list above the ONLY common denominator that Coach and I had was the eBay app. I UNINSTALLED the eBay app first thing this morning just for giggles, rebooted and I have NOT had an issue with either the Yellow Booster pop up or the lock screen ad that comes up.

I didn't want to mention any prematurely, but I've been using my phone all day.... txting, phone calls... I purposely rebooted about a dozen times... I powered the phone off and left it off for about 30 or 40 mins, powered it back up and so far I have NOT received any pop ups...

So here is what I'm going to do now. On my other backup Note 4 that I did a factory reset on the other day... I ONLY installed a select few "core" apps.. that was on Friday and so far I have not had an issue with my backup phone or pop ups... I'm purposely going to install the eBay app is see if the Yellow Booster pop up... or the lock screen adds return.

Keeping my fingers crossed...
    08-27-2016 04:00 PM
    ^^ Oh, I agree... and I'm open for suggestions for a similar app like ES File Explorer
    I have no great need for them and tend to use stock ones, such as LG's File Manager, but I'll try to get hold of some opinions.
    08-27-2016 04:40 PM
    Solid Explorer. I use that and it's really nice.
    belodion likes this.
    08-27-2016 04:43 PM
    +1 For Solid. They have a free trial version, valid for 2 weeks. Other popular file explorers are FX and Total Commander.

I switched to Solid from ES right after they sold the company and started to include some funny features.
    belodion likes this.
    08-27-2016 04:47 PM
    Yes.. after glancing at it last night... I have to agree, Solid Explorer seems like a solid product and actually even a nicer product than ES Explorer. So, I'll be giving that trail version a shot.... I didnt see closely enough, how much is the paid version....?

Also an UPDATE: I'm sorry to inform you that this morning when I went to login, both the Yellow Booster and the unlock adware is back on the phone with the eBay app removed..

Ugh..!! I'm up for any other suggestions to try...
    08-28-2016 06:15 AM
    I would suggest contacting Google, if it is making it passed their Verify Apps. feature, I would think they would want to be all over the the issue.
    Also, if you haven't already done so, disable the auto update of your Apps, it is unlikely to help but obviously the Malware is either being updated or pushed to you in some manner. Regardless, I am sure Google Verify feature would be a good place to start.

GRIM
    08-28-2016 08:08 AM
    I removed the Flash Keyboard and so far the pop ups have disappeared - LG4 w/ Android OS 6 Verizon
    belodion likes this.
    09-01-2016 12:42 PM
31 12