Why can't I remove an email account?

A

AC Question

I tried to add an email account to the default mail app on my Samsung S7 and I cannot remove it. I even went as far as to go into my setting and the mail app and remove all accounts from there. When I did this it removed my main personal account and my work email account which I will now have to setup once again. But the main problem is I still have this persistent email account that cannot be removed by any means possible. I go to my setting and accounts and mail and it isn't there. I go to mail and accounts and setting and hit "remove" and the phone just stays on "removing account" for minutes to hours on end without doing anything. I have now removed everything from my phone for all emails and yet I still can't remove this one persistant email. Can I please have some help as to what I can do to remove this email account - makes absolutely no sense and is driving me insane. Especially now that I have removed everything I want setup and still can't remove it. Also when I even go to the account in the email app and click "server settings" or "exchange server setting" nothing happens. I can't even make changes to this account. What can I do to clear this out? Thank you.

GRIMWALD

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Put your device into safe mode and then try to remove it.
What you are describing seems more like Malware and if it persist while in safe mode, the only option may be to do a factory reset.

GRIM

Before doing a factory reset, try doing just a network restore from your backup and reset section of your settings.

GRIM

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney