So my phone died recently and when I turned it on I couldn't see any notifications or use my buttons on the bottom and basically made using my phone an annoyance. I made a reddit post but I had no luck. I tried to hold my power and volume down button but that doesn't seem to be working.
    08-15-2016 03:33 PM
    The method of resetting varies among phones. If whatever phone you have permits it, try first a Cache Partition wipe. Tell us what that does.
    Aaronung likes this.
    08-15-2016 03:37 PM
    Oh sorry, I thought i had said it but i have a G4. I cleared the stuff but nothing happened that i could identify
    08-15-2016 06:03 PM
    Oh sorry, I thought i had said it but i have a G4. I cleared the stuff but nothing happened that i could identify
    Welcome as a new member.

The G4 does not, to the best of my knowledge - and I speak as an owner - allow you to perform a Cache Partition wipe. The nearest thing is a Cached Data clear in Settings, Storage, which is perhaps what you've tried.

Rather than perform a Factory Reset via the hard buttons, I'd use the Backup & Reset option in Settings. Whether that will fix your problems I don't know, but keep us posted.
    Aaronung likes this.
    08-15-2016 07:15 PM
    Welcome to the forums. There's a weird bug with similar symptoms affecting a few devices after Marshmallow. Try something. Switch to 'guest' user and back to 'owner' and see if you can access the notifications.
    08-15-2016 07:22 PM
    Welcome as a new member.

The G4 does not, to the best of my knowledge - and I speak as an owner - allow you to perform a Cache Partition wipe. The nearest thing is a Cached Data clear in Settings, Storage, which is perhaps what you've tried.

Rather than perform a Factory Reset via the hard buttons, I'd use the Backup & Reset option in Settings. Whether that will fix your problems I don't know, but keep us posted.
    There is no reset option in there Thanks for the welcome

Welcome to the forums. There's a weird bug with similar symptoms affecting a few devices after Marshmallow. Try something. Switch to 'guest' user and back to 'owner' and see if you can access the notifications.
    AHHH it worked! Now i can see my notifications! But my home touch button still isn't working But i might be able to live with that
    08-16-2016 02:16 PM
    Take a look at this thread. Most people managed to fix this problem restarting the setup wizard. You can use adb commands or, even easier, Nova activities. Tell us how it goes.

S7 Edge not showing notifications in tray and "recent apps" button and settings button dnt work
    Aaronung and belodion like this.
    08-16-2016 02:52 PM
    Take a look at this thread. Most people managed to fix this problem restarting the setup wizard. You can use adb commands or, even easier, Nova activities. Tell us how it goes.

S7 Edge not showing notifications in tray and "recent apps" button and settings button dnt work - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    aye thanks for finding this! Fixed my problem and it was real quick cuz I'm already using nova launcher lmao
    Javier P likes this.
    08-16-2016 08:20 PM
    aye thanks for finding this! Fixed my problem and it was real quick cuz I'm already using nova launcher lmao
    Haha. You are welcome! Glad it helped and thanks for the follow up. See you around the forums.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    08-16-2016 08:35 PM