Samsung note 5 black screen small white x in corner

A

AC Question

Hi,

I did the update for samsung recently on my note 5 from sprint and since my battery is not connecting fast charge and it makes that beeping sound the phone makes when connecting to charger even when not connected to the charger. My biggest issue is my screen randomly goes black with a white x in the corner. Most the time the screen comes back right away but it always launches the gear vr app when it comes back on. I do not have a gear vr i don't even have a app on my phone for it.

I took it to sprint. They took apart my phone, messed up my screen, broke my pen and then told me i had water damage around the battery. The "tech" handed me a new pen and said there's nothing he could do about messing up the corners of the screen on the phone. He said even though i have insurance I'd have to pay $200 for a new phone. Even with all that no one can tell me why my phone keeps turning black. Ive Googled issues and am still confused. I did a factory reset and still my screen goes black. Can anyone help or please give me advice?

windrunner221

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Does this mean that nobody ever solved this problem? :( My phone is doing that too...

And yes, it also happens in safe mode. The strange thing is that I can always see the picture on the lock screen and enter the pin, but the home screen is always black. Sometimes it has those annoying white xs and after that its always all black. I can pull down notifications from the top and see the settings such as wifi/volume, but whenever I try to click on any of those the screen just stays black. This also happened shortly after updating and my phone wont charge, either.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Alas not. I’ll move the thread to the Note 5 forum, where it may fare better. If it doesn’t, I’ll try moving it to the General Help & How To forum.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084