Locating my wife's Galaxy S7 using Android Device Manager from a Note 5 with 2 step verification enabled on her account. Input her email and password I'm always required to enter the 6 digit verification code sent to her phone that is "lost". (Just practicing what if scenarios; it's not actually lost.) So it's obviously pointless to enter a verification code on a lost or stolen phone, so I have "Don't ask again on this computer" checked off, but that doesn't work nor has it ever worked. Solution to have back-up codes ready, but that's not ideal.

TLDR: "Don't ask again on this computer" doesn't work. Need to fix this.
    08-15-2016 10:21 PM
    Are you asking a question? There are several ways to get codes even if you have the code generator on the lost device. This is why it's important to not skimp on your account setup. If you're going to half butt put in your info you're setting yourself up for failure. In the setup there is backup phones where you can have codes sent, you can use a friend's account, where you give contact info for a friend who will only get the code to give to you, no account access and they don't have to have your password, there are backup email options, all you need is one unsecured or differently secured email, and there are probably a couple of ways that I haven't mentioned. Google has thought of this you just need to either go all in or live dangerously.
    08-15-2016 11:01 PM
    My question is, How do I fix "Don't ask again on this computer"? It's not working.
    08-15-2016 11:27 PM
    Android Device Manager Troubleshooting-41578de9-5fca-42c6-a2c9e5f6388878dd.jpg Here's a picture of what I mean. I have "Don't ask again on this computer" checked off on my Note 5, but I still have verification codes sent to my wife's phone every time. What the heck is going on??? What's the point of checking off this box if it never works?
    08-15-2016 11:40 PM
    Ok this may sound crazy but I think it's the code. You're having codes texted to you which I believe are G-1234 codes. Correct? I think if you used the generator and provided a code from it, six digits without the G, it might work. Also are you clearing the cookies each time you close the browser? Are you accepting cookies in that browser? Is anything clearing data in apps automatically or caches? Have you tried another browser, internet, for example?
    08-15-2016 11:54 PM