Hi, apologies if this is in the wrong area! I've been searching for someone having a similar problem but I can't find the same matter, perhaps I'm not wording it the best in my searches.

So yesterday I set my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) on to a pattern lock. Later on I go to unlock my phone, it doesn't recognise pattern. Try to use backup code. Keeps saying both are incorrect, managed to log in using my gmail details. So once I finally accessed it I changed my lock to a swipe to avoid this happening.

Now I want to secure my lock screen with a pattern again as any time it is touched it opens..

So just to clarify, my phone is currently opening with a swipe and not asking for any password. HOWEVER, when I go to the settings part to change the lock screen type it requests a password to access the area to change it... I don't have one. I have tried everything. Previous passwords I've set, my gmail password, everything.

I have no password set for my phone but to get in to change my lock screen it suddenly wants one? I have no idea how to get around this. Hope I make sense... Any help would be appreciated.
    08-16-2016 07:15 AM