I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy Tab E Lite 7. I am using Windows 10 (fresh install) with the latest Samsung USB drivers, both devices are using their respective latest firmware, and I've tried 8 different USB cables (4 new genuine Samsung ones). Both devices are set for USB Debugging. The Note 2 is rooted but the Tab E is not. All my USB ports are fine -- i can connect other devices and they work fine. Junkware Kies is not installed but when i did have it installed it detected no device.

I can never ever get these devices to connect successfully to Windows so that i may navigate with explorer. It used to work for the Note 2 but not anymore -- i could see the Internal Memory and SD Card. Has the Android OS locked down any attempts to connect to the PC via USB cable (USB debugging option is now a relic) ? For the rooted Note 2 i am able to transfer files to the PC wirelessly but due to the stupid Android lockdown i am unable to copy files to the Note 2 sd card -- i will be purchasing a memory card reader to overcome this silly flaw.

Can someone please explain to me what exactly are these Samsung devices doing so as to NOT talk to Windows like every other normal device?
    08-16-2016 11:51 PM
    Don't own Win10, but THIS might help.
    08-17-2016 01:14 AM