What does "Abnormal Battery Condition" mean?

Athena Hill

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Galaxy S3.
This mobile gets very little use. I keep it with me turned on all day and it gets charged from about 8 pm to 4 am. Generally when I plug it in to charge it still has 75-90% charge left.

The other day at around 4 pm I noticed the charge had dropped down to 2%.
I had not used the mobile all day.
I turned it off.
Put it on the charger in the car, in a closed console and took it out at 8:30.
It showed the green battery with 100%
It would not turn on.

I tried removing the battery, the SIM card. Nothing.

Next day, from information on a YouTube video, I:
Plugged it into a power source, held the Volume Up Button, Power Button and Home (?) Button for 15 second. The blue light in the corner came on, and I clicked on the “Reboot”

It worked.

However, now every time it is plugged in there is message at the bottom of the screen “Abnormal Battery Condition.”

It appears to be holding the charge as much as it did before.

Do I need a new battery? Obviously this mobile is four or so years old.

Also, I don’t want to turn it off because I’m concerned it will not start, and I don’t know if I will be so lucky next time.

I really do not want to purchase a new one if I don’t have to—as I said, I rarely use it.

Thanks very much.
Athena

Athena Hill

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Thank you very much for responding.

All excellent information.

The battery is definitely always flat. I have taken out the SIM card twice (I do not know enough about mobiles to have reason to remove the SIM card.

I will go ahead and purchase a new battery, and if I ever have the issue of the phone losing power at that rate, I will definitely follow your advise.

Again, I really appreciate you taking the time to post such a detailed response.
Athena

mbrown76

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: What does "Abnormal Battery Condition" mean?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Been having trouble hardly wants to charge keeps saying abnormal battery condition or says I'm not using the correct charger I'm using the one that came with the phone. I put on charger overnight and didn't charge

BrownDus

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: What does "Abnormal Battery Condition" mean?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Been having trouble hardly wants to charge keeps saying abnormal battery condition or says I'm not using the correct charger I'm using the one that came with the phone. I put on charger overnight and didn't charge

Hey I'm wondering if you ever resolved this. I have the Galaxy note 4. I just paid a small lump of cash for one and it charged fine for 2 days and is doing exactly what you described. Please help if possible

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20