Did A Factory Reset On My Phone And Now I Can't Access My Existing Google Account

A

AC Question

Hi,My phone LCD was broken.so i took it to a local service center to fix it. The service guy asked me to give if any mobile lock (pattern or password) so that he can check if phone is working once he repairs.I gave him and later when i reached my home ,i realized my phone was not reset and so, once he repairs ,he can easily check my pictures and other things.Hence i tried to reset my phone through my gmail by using Android Device Manager.It showed me a message "your phone could not be located"..i thought i will change gmail password at least so that no one can access my phone . Well,i changed my gmail password.I got my phone back now .It says "the device was reset. To continue ,sign in with the google account that was previously synced on this device"I gave my gmail id and new password and it was still not logging in..I thought may be i am giving wrong password and clicked on "forgot password" after entering email id in my phone.So i changed my password in gmail again (second time) and tried to login.Still it is not letting go inside the phone .Please help me out..!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks in advance.Regards,Parimala

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I disagree with the original password option only because the device, even though we put the account information in a hundred times while setting them up, only draws from your online information. This is why the device has to be connected to the internet in order to get in once you've exhausted your password attempts. So it could be a matter of no connection, if you're lucky it's just in airplane mode. Power on and hold the the power button until the pop-up menu comes up and see if turn off airplane mode comes up. If it says turn on then data could be turned off and that's not as easy to fix without getting into the device. Factory reset the device a second time. Try again.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I ended so abruptly I was at work and well my job is far from sitting in forums all day and answering questions. Although at times I wish it was, but that is besides the point. HAHAHA. Anyway, I too was a bit miffed by the ADM no location, then reset chain, because it almost sounds as though it was by accident. Now I like that Google is asking for original IDs if devices are reset, although I've not heard of this before today, and sorry for stating the obvious, but it will prevent a lot of people from stealing devices and simply resetting them to put their own info on them and go along. Speaking of and this is off topic has anyone seen the video of the chick who stole someones phone and then took selfies and videos all night in NYC? WOW! If this is really a thing now all I can say is I have at least 4 gmail accounts so just be sure that you are using the correct one for this step. Not to imply that you don't know which is which but if it was set up awhile back details could get fuzzy. I'm not sure how it would react to multiple Google accounts synced to the same device....? I'm doing that too. 2 Step verification could be playing a part in this also. I'm doing that, too. It makes resetting the phone interesting if I don't turn it off before I do the reset. In the case of being asked for original info with 2 step on... It's hard to say what might happen. I could be over thinking it tho. Anyway it'll be interesting to hear what the OP has to say.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca