What is this icon on my Samsung Galaxy 7?

A

AC Question

What is this icon on my Galaxy 7?

It's in the notification area, and it's in duplicate. I looked through the user manual but I couldn't find any reference to it. Thank you.

Chris Parsons

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
It's WiFi calling. As for what it's duplicated, sometimes WiFi calling disconnects and reconnects triggering the icon more than once. You can reboot to get rid of it or if you don't even use WiFi calling, you can disable it entirely.

Carbo2

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Quick update: the duplicate WiFi calling icon remains in the status bar. I learned to live with it since it first appeared about two months ago. But then my wife got a new Galaxy S7 and of course she doesn't have this issue. So now I'm noticing it again and curious as to why. No issues or problems, just a duplicate icon.

GRIMWALD

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Does this happen on all WiFi connections or just your WiFi?
I have never heard of it but if you are running a dual band router, maybe it is connecting to one freq. and then dropping it, in favor of the other to connect.
Or maybe it can maintain both connections, I wouldn't think so but it is definitely strange.

GRIM

Carbo2

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I do have a dual band router in the house, but as I noted above my wife's S7 doesn't have this issue, nor does my daughter's S6 Edge +.
I'll pay attention when I get out, but I'm pretty sure both icons are on at all times the phone is on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance