Unable to transfer music files from PC to new Moto G Phone

A

AC Question

Just bought a Moto G, running Android V6.0 (Marshmallow). Trying to transfer music and/or picture files from my PC (Windows 10) to the phone, without success.

Connecting phone to PC via the USB cable which came with the phone, I can 'see' the Moto G icon on my PC file explorer but cannot access, see or transfer any files on the phone. All my contacts and photos from my old Samsung were transferred in the shop, after purchase, and I can see them on my phone - but not on the PC.

I notice other people have had this problem before. Any guidance would be really appreciated.

Cheers, Roy

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
If you're able to see the system folders within your smarty, as you say, I'm very surprised that you're not allowed to transfer (drag and drop or send to functions).

Q: Do you have a MicroSD card slot?.. and what if any size GB card is installed?

Reason I ask, is that you might have used up the internal storage and if you don't have anywhere to actually put the data/images onto a MicroSD card then you could get this error. Also I would make sure that the files are within the Moto G format.. mp3/mp4 etc or Moto (not knowing) could use their own format.. but very unlikely.