Root, Remote Access, Unroot, Restore to factory?

pretorian00

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Many threads our there, but i feel i am stupid and just cant find the answer to this. So please give me answer again beacuse i lost my sleep on this. I fear that bad people may have somehow remotly controling my phone. They had physical access to my Sony Xperia Z3, and although i have lockscreen password i feel they may have known it. Now after i realized that, i used "Restore to factory settings" and i forgot about the problem, but friends of mine told me that hey may have rooted the phone and installed something in the system itself. I used Root Checker but it says there is no Root Access, so the phone is not currently rooted.Is it possible that the phone was rooted for the hours they had access to it, than something was installed deep inside the phone and then the phone was unrooted again, so no root access apears on Root Checker. I fear mostly about some remote access, like is it possible they to run my phone while i sleep for example. I always check my accounts from which ip they were logged and that makes me calm, but then i realized that if they remotely use my own phone it would be my own ip so i will never find out it's someone else accessing my accounts. Belive me, those people are really hostile towards me and if they can access my facebook and other accounts by remote controling my own phone i am ready to buy a new phone immidietly. And most importanly, if some remote controll is installed, could it boot the phone while its locked and asleep (i assume thay have installed keylogger as well so they will always know my access passowrd, so i switched to password pattern, i hope keylogger cant detect it)I know how impossible that sounds but lets assume those people are psychopaths and really hate me. So this was my question, sort of speaking. Bless u all

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I suspect your are pretty safe. For peace of mind run Antimalwarebytes on your phone. You can get it from Playstore but most importantly change your Google account password and don't lose any sleep;)

pretorian00

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Pugs, but i am sure it still wont calm me down.. After all, no matter how crazy it sounds, could this happen- the phone to start running on its own in the middle of the night, to be booted from hybernated(or the way its called when its locked) and start doing tasks remotely? Doesnt that require the phone to be currently rooted? Can the phone still be rooted without Root Access. Jesus.. Its maybe me but i need answers.. :X

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
No, remote access is possible without being rooted but you would be aware of that. The other thing you could do is factory rest your device which will wipe it clean so back up important data and do that. You can then be assured all is OK

pretorian00

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Thank you again mate, just 2 more questions to end this struggle, firstly so if the phone is not rooted, they he can only remotely control me legaly, like with team viewer or something similar, which i will be aware it exsist and will need to premit him to do it. Secondly, when Root Checker shows no Root access, is this clear enough or the phone can still be rooted somehow, and is there a way to know for sure? I will do the factory settiings, i just want to be calm for the period that they access which happened month ago till now there was no control. :)

pretorian00

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Yes, but dont worry about that i ve been logged in google since months and never reloged. Also i was protected with lockscreen password all the time, it was easy one but still i doubt someone could figure it out. Ill change it ofcurse after the reset. Now one more thing that came to my mind, ive red about possibility when one can crash the lockscreen UI by applying multipy copy-pastes in password section when the camera is on and by this to bypass the lockscreen without reseting it. However it seems to be tested only on Nexux and most users says it does not affect most other phones. Ive tried it myself on my phone but Xperia Z3 doesnt allow you to paste on the password section. Have you heard of this method, now i know its fixed now with the new android updates but i;ve had my phone reseted a few times previously and i am not sure what was my android version when these access things happened.. (i;ve recently updated it to 6.01 if i am not mistaken). So have you heard about this crash bypass and how possible it is to happen?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000