Is there a decent app to move apps AND your data from old tablet to new tablet?

A

AC Question

I have an LG Pad F 8.0 that crapped out so I'm about to load the warranty replacement.
A month ago LG said for me to do a Hard Reset and that would fix problems. Well I used LG Backup to save my data and apps before the reset. It did a crappy job. And LG tablets aren't PC friendly. Samsungs you can just plug into your PC and copy everything.
I know of several apps to move contacts, docs, pics, etc. but I want something to move a few apps. These are apps I paid for, and I don't wanna pay for them again. Of course I have little time cuz I have to get the bad one returned to ATT.
Any ideas?
thanks.

JadeRain

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
There is an app called app backup and restore. Download that, and then go in to the app settings and chage the backup path to external sd card(fallow all the directions). After u have done all that go in to ur file manager and to sd card and create a new folder name it all apps or whatever, but then go into the file named app backup and restore, and copy all ur files to the folder u created, that way if the app messes up u have all ur apps.

JadeRain

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
And the last thing u need to do is go to settings and go into security and mark the box that says allow install from unknown sources. U can un mark it after ur apps r installed.

BUT NO ROOT REQUIRED. let me know if u need help or if it works

JadeRain

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I forgot u also need to go into ur phone memory - select the android file -open go to obb file and then u need to find the info for ur paid for apps, once u do copy the files u want to sd card (to make it easy u can go in to android file on sd card and make an obb file, then as long as u always have that card and the app backup ull always own it

ckhooked

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Hey Jade,
Finally finished fighting with some Windows Problems, now I'm finally back on my Tablet move/copy.
I tried Helium cuz that was the first post. Geez, I've downloaded about 20 friggin' drivers, and gone into developers mode, and done some handstands... It's still (tablet) just hanging/waiting for who the hell knows what.
So I'm gonna try your suggestion. That App you mention - I assume it's on play store. There are at least 4 or 5 apps w/ that name. Who makes the app?