Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Default Weather and Clock not showing the right time. How do I fix it?

A

AC Question

This seems to be a reoccurring issue with the weather and clock apps on Androids. You would think that Samsung at the very least would have fixed this little problem before releasing their new phone.. I have read various threads but I can't seem to find a fix for this as the Samsung Note 7 time/weather app seems to think that I am in America, even when I set my location. It tells me that the time is X- o'clock when it's actually three hours later and it tells me that I am 20-something hours ahead. Like it thinks I'm in America. Any idea how t fix this?

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The weather is controlled by accuweather so it's not Samsung's fault. Have you tried manually setting your location and ensure auto locate is turned off?

Is the clock wrong only in the weather app or on the device also?

anon(10003911)

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Firstly, thank you for the reply.
Because it's a default app with the phone (it came with it) and all of the forums I have read about a similar problem, have dated back to 2013. But they all talk about deleting it and re-installing the app. It's a Widget that comes with the phone. If I was Samsung and I was going to have an app on my phone, I would want to make sure that it worked or I would find another more reliable app to provide so I gave the best customer experience that I could and therefore got really good reviews, but I'm not Samsung. I'm feeling a little bit frustrated at the moment with this, I'm sorry if it's coming out in this forum, it's certainly not directed to you, the only person to reply to me, I'm just frustrated with the app.
Do you know how to fix it? The time on my bar tells me that it's the right time but the weather app and the world clock tells the wrong time. I did go to the Accuweather site and updated where I was etc. and I also changed the time but when it displays on my phone, it's the wrong time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.