i know someone who is looking to switch phone companies to save money, but they wont let her trade in her current phone with it having a crack on the back glass. she was advised to try and sell it for the remaining balance owed on the phone or try to get Verizon to give her a warranty replacement phone. if she is able to convince Verizon to send her the replacement, can she be billed for a new phone if they check to see her original is working properly?? has anyone had a situation like this??
    08-23-2016 08:20 AM
    Is she seeking a replacement because of a manufacturing defect?
    08-23-2016 09:34 AM
    I think she would need to be straight with Verizon. I doubt they would replace it under warranty if it wasn't caused by a defect, unless she had super duper no quibble insurance.
    It would still be saleable with a crack on the back if described as such. Sell it with a cheap case included.
    It may need to be unlocked by Verizon, I'm not sure, and she should factory reset it in the Settings Menu, not with the buttons in Recovery Mode, so it's no longer associated with her account.
    (Google Factory Reset Protection).

{Sorry Belodion, you were probably going to say similar, but it's a slow day and I want to spread my genius, eh - ness, for free. }
    belodion likes this.
    08-23-2016 10:12 AM
    @sfoLAX: My first thought on seeing this thread was 'Be completely honest and up-front about it'. As you say, unless defective, an exchange is exceedingly unlikely.
    sfoLAX likes this.
    08-23-2016 12:00 PM
    There have been several threads like this over the years as you will know, and the response is usually the correct one.

Surprised that Assurion the US firm have an account here and posted some help a few times and showed some kindness.
    08-23-2016 12:11 PM