data usage

A

AC Question

Hi! I have an Android Droid Turbo 5.1. I hope that's right...I got it off the About Phone page in my settings. Anyway, the other day we were at home and my husband and I were both using our phones. He was playing games and I was on Facebook. All of a sudden we get an alert from Verizon that we were at 90% of our data usage for the month. Our son was on the desk top and he said that the power to the surge protector we have the router plugged into had cut off, so we had no router and he had no internet connection on the desk top. We changed the alert on our phones so now we are warned at 50%. But is there a way that we can make the phones work like the computer - when the router turns off, we loose internet? We have had our plan with Verizon for almost 15 years and that one does not offer unlimited data. We could get a plan with unlimited data, but it would cost us another $75 per month and we are already paying way too much. Unfortunately, because we live in a rural area surrounded by mountains Verizon is the only service provider we can get. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Try Settings, Mobile Data, where you may be able to setting the data usage at which you get a warning, and a limit at which data will be cut off....though you can override if that happens and you still have remaining data.