I have a Smart Watch that I use as a Trusted Device for Smart Lock, and generally speaking this works great. Best of both worlds for security and ease of use. However, I have a wireless charging pad on my desk at work that I always set my phone on when I'm not using it. I use my phone a lot at work, so it needs to be constantly getting charged. Whenever I pick my phone up from the charger it requires that I unlock it again, even though my Smart Watch is connected and trusted. If I just set the phone down on the desk, this doesn't happen. This makes Smart Lock useless to me at work. Any way to prevent it from requiring an unlock again after being on a charger?
    08-24-2016 12:18 PM
    That's an interesting find - did you manage to find a resolution for it?
    08-26-2016 09:41 AM
    No, I was desperately hoping to find a solution here :-(. General searches have not found me a solution, which I find very surprising. I would have thought many people would combine Smart Lock with frequent use of inductive charging, but apparently not.
    08-29-2016 09:55 AM
    Actually, I finally just figured it out! I was using an app called SnooZy Charger to automatically turn the screen off when connected to a charger. I'd been using this for so long I completely forgot about it. I was annoyed by Android's default (non-configurable) behavior of turning the screen on when charging begins: charging - How to make screen stay turned off when plugging charger? - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange

They appear to have (finally!) listened to everyone saying how stupid that was, because it no longer happens in the Nougat beta I've updated to. After disabling SnooZy Charger, my phone no longer requires that I manually unlock after being on a charger.
    08-29-2016 10:02 AM