"Saved Networks" lists half-dozen networks I never added

A

AC Question

I just moved to a new apartment and set up my internet/WiFi. I then changed my old WiFi network name to a new one, went into "Saved Networks" on my Moto G2 to forget the old network name, and noticed that I had a long list of networks saved to the "Saved Networks" list. These networks are all viewable when I turn my WiFi on at my new location, so they are local to me.

Does anyone know how they may have been automatically added to my "Saved Network" list since I never tried to connect to any networks other than my own?

Thanks.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Here's how to forget...

Android 101: How to 'forget' a Wifi network | Android Central

And yes it sounds like your phone is set to auto connect to wifi networks. Depending on your phone model and android version you may want to change this settings, it's most likely under the settings cog in the swipe down or app tray, then Wi-Fi, then poke around (maybe in the three dots "more" menu).

DotSlash

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Original Poster here.

The odd thing is that there are dozens of networks listed when I turn my WiFi on, but just 5 or 6 somehow got saved to "Saved Networks" list. The others didn't. I checked: Settings > WiFi as well as Settings > .. and there is no feature that I can find to auto connect randomly to any WiFi networks. It only auto connects to networks in the "Saved Networks" list.

Still not sure how these got added to "Saved Networks."