I keep getting popup ads from Facebook scam pages on Chrome or anything powered by Chrome on my Nexus 6P. A lot of the time they position themselves into banner ads that force my phone to vibrate. They generally congratulate me for winning something or another (but not always). Avast and MBAM say my phone is clean.

I get them at home, at work, and on cell signal. I tried resetting my ad tracking id and I tried resetting Chrome to factory settings and re-updating. Both of those did not work.

I tried completely clearing all my Chrome sync data. I do not know whether or not that worked as I just did it this morning. Immediately after getting Android 7.0 (Nougat), I did a factory reset. I also do not know whether or not that worked.

How do I block these from occurring?
    08-24-2016 04:37 PM
    Do they occur in Safe Mode?
    08-24-2016 05:00 PM
    I have not tried safe mode, I just got one again when I was trying to login to Reddit... even after all that work they come back...
    08-24-2016 05:34 PM
    I have not tried safe mode, I just got one again when I was trying to login to Reddit... even after all that work they come back...
    It might be something that has got system-deep, in which case a reflash of the stock ROM would be indicated. But try Safe Mode first and tell us what happens.

Also, welcome as a new member.
    08-24-2016 05:57 PM
    I just recently got the same error on my Sony Xperia Z5 Compact (USA).

The URL starts with data:text/html;base64,PCF
    "Congratulations [ISP] services user, you have been chosen for a change to get a new iPhone 6s, Macbook, Ipad, etc)"

There is no way to exit unless you delete the cache in the Apps setting.

The message will go away but will come right back up after browsing through different sites. (Bestbuy.com, cnn, random google searches, etc)

I have done the following:
    Phones Factory Reset (wipe everything)
    Deleted all cache, cookies, history, etc since the beginning of time on my Google browsers (on all devices).
    Those didn't work.
    I removed my SD card, I then did a full Flash ROM re-install (Wipe'd everything using FlashTool) and i still get the blasted error message.

This occurs on any network (Home, Work, Cellular, etc)

I do not visit any dodgy websites nor have i downloaded any apps recently. I am not at all sure what is going on here.

I've currently signed out of my Google account on my phone and i'll see if that makes a difference to narrow thins down.

*It's not my network, nor the phone, my guess here is some plug in with my Google account.
    08-25-2016 02:39 PM