Galaxy S7 Edge is really slow and freezing a lot. What could be wrong?

A

AC Question

This is my first android phone. It has great so far until last week when I noticed that my phone is running a lot slower and tends to freeze when I'm using it. It also quits apps unexpectedly. All I have are a few social media, music and banking apps all downloaded from the Play store. I'm not sure what to do to fix the problem since this is my first android phone.

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Sounds like you're experiencing many of the same issues we did upon the purchase of our new and first smart phone. Ideally, you will have to do some homework as to rule out what apps are constantly updating or simply running in the back ground. This can be accessed via the apps manager within your settings options.

Eliminating those unwanted apps which come from the manufacture loaded with tons.. will help reduce the slow nature of the smart phone. If you're unsure what apps to turn off or leave on.. Opera max can help you adjust and save data & memory usage during peak hours of the day. leaving your smart phone one all night without adjusting these app, can and will drain data etc for the first couple of weeks.

But if' you're not into the Opera Max thing.. you can use your app manager to systematically disable all apps within the manager.. which is very time consuming. Un-checking check etc.. It's best said, that one should not be afraid to explore their smart phone or even do a factory reset just in case you make a mistake.