Android storage system explained?

A

AC Question

Hello. I am looking for a simple explanation of the android storage system. Not very often I do have to tinker with it, but sometimes I do and that's when I find it kind of annoying to see that "emulated" or that /0/ (are they directories?) Don't "drive letters" exist in the android storage system? What I am trying to find out is how to use file managers to move files say between my internal storage and the microSD. Not so much the procedure, but how do I read the "trajectory ". Thank you.

Mago27

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Android is the name given by google to a phone optimized Linux Distribution, so you actually are using a linux computer nicknamed android phone.

Linux btw its an OpenSource Fork of UNIX OS, in Unix there is a system Tree, and everything from Apps to device are different arms o this tree, and things are organized as /home/devices or /home/applications/ or /home/interfaces, thats why you dont see aberations as "drive A:" , these are concepts inherited by windows from CP/M and DOS, both primitive OS at its time compared with Unix (CP/< and DOS where aimed to PC , while Unix born aimed to Mainframes).

I hope this explained you a little.