Weird WiFi connectivity problems and battery life

A

AC Question

Hi everyone,

I bought my S7 a month or two ago from Verizon. It was great for a while, amazing battery life, really fast, no problems... recently, though, a few issues have popped up, probably related to each other. First, it can't hold a stable wifi connection for its life. My old HTC M8 had no problems whatsoever with this router, but sometimes my S7 will disconnect when it has 3 bars and refuse to reconnect until "network quality improves" while still showing 3 bars in the wifi tab. It disconnects/reconnects maybe once a minute or every couple of minutes while I am using it and is so incredibly annoying. It causes pretty bad lag when it disconnects and I don't want to watch YouTube on data. I sometimes try turning my wifi off and on again but that usually doesn't do anything.

So, what I believe is a result of this is very quickly draining battery. I was watching a video on YouTube and the battery drained by about 10% in a matter of a few minutes. I know battery life can be a lot better because it was when I first had the phone. Today, with light to moderate use (occasional internet browsing, a little YouTube, no games), it drained about 50% from 11 AM to 2:30 PM. By the way, my battery usage tab shows that Verizon Cloud has used 40% of my battery - not sure why that is or if it's a common problem.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix? I don't want to have a broken phone for 2 more years.

TL;DR phone disconnects and reconnects frequently to wifi network and has terrible battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol