S7 Edge Crashing When Simcard Inserted

A

AC Question

Hi guys,

I am having problems on my S7 Edge. The phone is stuck in a black screen and I tried restarting my phone by holding Volume Down + Power + Home for over a minute with no success. The phone is stock and rooted with TWRP and has been working fine for the last couple months. I tried plugging the power cable in and the battery screens shows up and I am able to restart my phone when the power is plugged in (battery over 80%). At this point it starts but after the Samsung logo appears it crashes again. I tried running the phone in safe mode but that did not work either. I am able to boot the phone into recovery mode and tried doing a Dalvik cache wipe. I get to the screen where Android is installing apps and after all apps got optimized it showed the home screen for about two seconds before crashing again.

After some more troubleshooting I took the sim card out and the phone is now running fine but whenever I put the sim card back in it crashes again. I tried turning airplane mode on and putting the sim card in which worked but once I turned airplane mode off it crashed again. My phone is Canadian version under Bell carrier. Just wondering if it is possible for a sim card to become corrupt and crash my phone like this? Are there any other areas I should check?

If anyone has some tips on what I can try it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!