Chrome frozen by popup ad

A

AC Question

Chrome is currently frozen on my Galaxy s5 by a popup ad offering a prize, If I click "OK". I want to know how I can unfreeze the screen. All the advice I can find explains how to clear the cache in Chrome, but I can't access Chrome. I have tried "Force Stop" in the application manager. It there another back entry that I can use? I want to know how to fix this immediate problem, not how to prevent it from happening again.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I meant, tap your Recents button, which I believe is the bottom left button on a Sammie, and swipe that page away. That's the immediate fix you requested, though the pop-ups will probably recur without permanent fixes being applied.

Welcome as a new member. :)

CassieOz

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Alas, no Recents button on the tablet and even if I 'force close' my browser (Chrome) it obligingly reopens the tab with the pop up every time I try to reopen the browser and I can't find a way of accessing my recent internet pages except through the browser which is ... frozen. Ho hum

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
One moment please....I will ask others with knowledge of Sammies. :)

Edit: I've done that and as a result think that my answer is correct. Sorry, I don't know what else to say.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20