I have installed a camera lock from Google Play, so both my phone cameras are normally locked. But if I need a torch app, I can't use it unless I unlock the cameras first. This makes the app worthless.
    What's the torch got to do with the camera?? It's not about taking pictures. I just need the light.
    08-27-2016 02:56 AM
    The light that is used for flashlight is part of the camera usually. No other app really uses it so the app needs permission to the camera to control the flash (the flashlight).
    The light that is used for flashlight is part of the camera usually. No other app really uses it so the app needs permission to the camera to control the flash (the flashlight).
    sfoLAX likes this.
    08-27-2016 03:19 AM
    But on my phone (Xiaomi/MIUI) there is a torch command that works independently of the camera lock. Unfortunately it's not directly accessed from the home screen, you need to open a menu, which makes it a bit less practical.
    08-27-2016 03:26 AM
    The flashlight apps don't actually "turn on" the camera but the flash is part of the camera module hardware-wise so in order to access the LED the app needs camera permissions. You won't see that from the flashlight option on the pull-down quick settings menu as that's pre-installed or part of the OS.
    08-27-2016 06:47 AM
    I'm looking at this forum because I went to get my phone out of my bag and the torch was on. Didn't know I had one! (Note3) I turned it off when prompted but it took another hour to turn it back on, so I'll tell you: 1. Find a blank space on your home page(s), far enough from app icons. 2. Press down on screen with finger or pen just long enough to get "wallpaper" "widgets" "home screen settings". 3. Press 'widgets'. 4. Swipe til you find "Torch" (it used to be called 'assisted light'). 5. Move the icon to somewhere more convenient. Now perhaps someone can explain how I did all this by accident while watching a film at the cinema :-)

Posted via Android Central App
    10-13-2016 04:37 PM