Sony Xperia Z1, is my screen busted?

A

AC Question

I have had a trusty Xperia Z1 for a few years now and it seems it's gonna kick the bucket soon but i'm not ready to give up on it yet.

Here's the situation:

Yesterday I was browsing facebook then the screen turned off after a minute of inactivity, but when I tried to turn it back on, I only got a black screen, with backlight on.

I thought it had frozen so I tried the red-button force restart method. LED lights up, phone vibrates, screen turns on to black, backlight on, but the Sony splash logo doesn't come up. I wait a bit, no response, and try to force shutdown with vol.down + power button.

Here's where it gets scary. Instead of turning off, after one second I heard the sound the phone makes when it's taking a screenshot. So I think my phone is turning on normally but the screen doesn't display anything.

Battery was kinda low so I didn't think any of it, turned it off with the red button, and put it to charge overnight.

Today, same stuff happens : I can turn it on but I only see a black screen with backlight on, and when I do the screenshot button combination I can hear the shutter sound clearly.

Is my screen just plain busted or could the issue be software? Should I try a remote factory reset from my PC?

I didn't hit it or anything and apart from a few scratches it's been well-treated and protected with a case and tempered class cover...

Thanks in advance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance