Hi

I purchased a Moto G (2015) two weeks ago. It came with 1 GB RAM and 8 GB storage. I just added a Samsung 128 GB evo + microSD card (classes 10 and UHS-1).

The only apps that I´ve loaded are whatsapp, skype and kaspersky antivirus.

I´m getting an 'Storage space running out' notification, and I can't load any apps, updates, or even a cache cleaner.

I've tried: wiping the cache partition, formatting the microSD to both portable storage and internal storage. Nothing works.

My Storage settings are:

Android OS: 3.46 GB

Internal Storage: 4.16 GB used of 4.54 GB. But of the 4.16 GB, only 1.46 GB are apps,
    and there are no images, videos, or audio. Cached data is only 1.93 MB. What´s taking up the rest of the space?

Samsung SD CARD: 60.05 MB used of 118 GB

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    08-27-2016 04:47 PM
    Hi

I purchased a Moto G (2015) two weeks ago. It came with 1 GB RAM and 8 GB storage. I just added a Samsung 128 GB evo + microSD card (classes 10 and UHS-1).

The only apps that I´ve loaded are whatsapp, skype and kaspersky antivirus.

I´m getting an 'Storage space running out' notification, and I can't load any apps, updates, or even a cache cleaner.

I've tried: wiping the cache partition, formatting the microSD to both portable storage and internal storage. Nothing works.

My Storage settings are:

Android OS: 3.46 GB

Internal Storage: 4.16 GB used of 4.54 GB. But of the 4.16 GB, only 1.46 GB are apps,
    and there are no images, videos, or audio. Cached data is only 1.93 MB. What´s taking up the rest of the space?

Samsung SD CARD: 60.05 MB used of 118 GB

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    I'm not sure about Skype coz I have not used it for many years now. I know that if you use WhatsApp it will take up a lot of space on your phone. This is because :

1. When someone sends you a picture you get one copy of this picture

2. When you share this picture with 5 friends or 5 other groups, yo will get another 5 more copies of this picture on your phone.

3. If another friend of yours got this picture from another mutual friend & share it with you. Your phone will have another copy of the same pictures.

This is the same with all other media shared via WhatsApp like videos, documents and songs.

The only way for yo to escape this is to stop downloading any pictures or media via WhatsApp. Or alternatively you have to constantly delete these media from your phone.

So far the only other chat app I know that will not give you this problem is BBM. WeChat can also help but you need to go into WeChat and regularly delete chats or clear cache too.

Hope you enjoy your new phone.
    08-27-2016 10:41 PM