Why did my phone suddenly reset settings/clear the cache?

A

AC Question

I have a Huawei P9, which I purchased 2-3 weeks ago. It was using the stock EMUI and was mostly vanilla, save for some new keyboard options and an App drawer, along with my usual assortment of pretty normal apps (google's apps, some games, social media/messaging, media playing stuff, etc). I decided to avoid altering it too much because I figured if I keep things as close to stock settings as possible it'll save me trouble in the long run. I also organized all the apps on the phone into two screens of folders (and one widget).

However, occasional the phone restarts randomly in my pocket for no apparent reason. Today I felt the vibration it makes when it restarts, and looked at it. When it finished loading up I noticed all my apps were now spread out across a half dozen pages, all of which were added on after my almost empty original two pages. Additionally I had been logged out of skype, my keyboards were reset to google standard, Lastpass had been turned off, and I don't know what else. However, nearly all of my data appears untouched. It's like the EMUI crashed or the phone reset some portion of its cache or something. I really don't know. Now I'm trying the Zen Launcher in hopes that I can avoid what happened before, assuming the EMUI was the problem, but I don't really have a clue. Google reveals nothing similar to what I'm going through. Anyone have any thoughts?