Okay, so I have a NT-1700 and there is a major problem with it, which is mainly the fact that it goes on a "splash loop" and it goes to the initial samsung logo with the phone model, but then it restarts again and again. from some previous experimenting, I found out that it's the power button going haywire, and it's not even lodged in and presses just fine, but because it's going haywire, I'm having a hard time even navigating the reboot system without it turning off and restarting to the samsung logo again.
    08-28-2016 11:56 AM
    Two options: 1) contact Samsung and have it repaired. 2) Buy a new phone, unfortunately that's a device from 4 years ago.
    08-28-2016 12:07 PM
    Okay, so I have a NT-1700 and there is a major problem with it, which is mainly the fact that it goes on a "splash loop" and it goes to the initial samsung logo with the phone model, but then it restarts again and again. from some previous experimenting, I found out that it's the power button going haywire, and it's not even lodged in and presses just fine, but because it's going haywire, I'm having a hard time even navigating the reboot system without it turning off and restarting to the samsung logo again.
    Welcome to the forums!

I don't really have any ideas to tell you. That button needs to be repaired if you want to use that phone and that likely won't be very cost effective to repair.
    08-28-2016 12:08 PM
    The power switch for the 1700 is about $2, and it's plug-in. Look on ebay for note 2 power switch. Opening and reclosing the phone will be a lot more work that replacing the switch (as a comparison - the second is trivial, the first isn't even trivial.)
    08-28-2016 01:40 PM