I am a total newbie to mobile devices, and I KNOW this phone is old but old things can still work, and all I really need is a phone, not a do everything device.

Background: GT-I5510M with original OS Android v.2.2 No active mobile account. Given to me because of camera malfunction - erratic shutter action, varies from instantaneous to uncertain delay interval.

Charging Problem: charges fine using the Samsung Charge Adapter - AC input, Output: 5v 0.7amp. Also charges fine when connected to USB port on laptop computer and using provided Samsung USB cable.

Does Not charge when using AC Adapter (Apple certified type) Output: 5v 1.0 amp. Also will not charge when using automobile 12V to USB adapter, Output: 5v 2.4 amp. (in both cases using Samsung USB cable)

Further Info. - have a Galaxy Note 2 (also with a malfunction), but this phone charges just fine using the same adapters and cable.

Anyone with an answer??
    08-28-2016 01:13 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

The honest truth is this.. You would really be better off going and buying a new pre-paid flip phone or other basic phone from Walmart, Best Buy or Target. I bought a couple of brand new ones to use for a trade in and I paid about $10 or $15 each.

You are looking at a phone with very old technology and it probably won't work that well.

If you will make an account and post back here we can try and help you.
    08-28-2016 01:44 PM