Why hasn't Google genius (there are a ton of them) created that senses adverse pressure?

A

AC Question

So many idiots have the bad habit of shoving their unprotected cell phones into their pockets, mainly the rear pocket of those skinny jeans that don't ride up high enough to keep their phones from being sat on ( for the record, I am not one of those idiots and I don't wear skinny jeans.) Would it be feasible to have an app or some type of hardware that sounds an alarm when there is adverse pressure applied to the screen of the phone or flexing of the phones components? I know that Apple can't produce such a thing because their phones are just flimsy junk, but I believe this idea could be a big selling feature for Android since so many young people live on their cell phones and abuse them as if cell phones grow on trees. I have a ton of improvement ideas for cell devices, but I feel that this one idea is the most common problem that needs to be addressed. After all, we can't make careless people use their heads these days. It is not politically correct or goes against their basic human rights to not be idiots, but we can make their lives a bit more complicated by making them aware of a problem that could damage equipment, clothing, or cause an injury, while also saving mom and dad some money by not having to replace or repair their precious snowflake's phones (again for the record, I have no precious snowflakes, but am considering trading in a mother and sister for one.) I sometimes work on Samsung cell phones, but I'm getting old and can't see as good as I did when I was 40, so my cell device repair days are numbered.
If this idea came and went, someone please post an article telling readers why. I'm sure I'm not the only bozo who has wondered about the concept. :)

FrEdNOk

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Apple, if I recall right, invented protective bumpers that would immediately pop out if the phone sensed that it was falling. That's a good idea.

It's easy to avoid back-pocket damage by not using them, but not so easy to avoid dropping your phone.

metllicamilitia

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Considering there are no sensors sensing that type of pressure, I'm gonna say no. No app for that. I also fail to see how iPhone is flimsy junk. Like it or not, it's a solid unibody aluminum phone. Bendgate? Back pocket phone sitters, don't put your phone in your back pocket for one, and for two, don't sit on your phone.