SOLVED: VPN connects fine but no access to Internet

andronoff

May 22, 2016
Visit site
The device is Samsung S6.
I downloaded and installed OpenVPN Connect, imported the config files needed and connected to the VPN server, but I have no access to Internet whatsoever.
I thought 360 security was blocking it, so I uninstalled it, didn't change a thing.
Then I installed the app provided by my VPN service, didn't change a thing - connects fine, just like the other, but no access to Internet.
The other thing is that no matter which app I'm using, it drops the connection in less than a minute and reconnects, the log says "UDP send error: send: Operation not permitted" and the other error is "UDP send error: send: Connection refused"
Everything works on my laptop, so the problem is in the phone`s settings, any ideas?

Last edited:

andronoff

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: VPN connects fine but no access to Internet

Solved!
The reason was the power management, OpenVPN wouldn't run in the background.
  • Settings -> Battery -> App power saving -> DETAIL -> OpenVPN Connect -> select "Turned Off"
  • Settings -> Battery -> Power Saving Mode -> "Restrict all background data": Off

claudia889

Jan 9, 2020
Visit site
I totally agree with your viewpoint.Even I am also undergoing with the following relevant situation.I have two co related queries in this regard that Why does it takes a lot of time for gopro videos to get uploaded and other one I am unable to connect the Arlo ultra with my Mac book Air.I have tried out the following [link removed] to resolve this circumstances.Hope this might help.

Last edited by a moderator: