I put my phone (HTC one mini 2) on charge last night and then when I woke up it was on a ***LOCKED*** FASTBOOT screen. I have never seen the screen before and am not tech savvy in the slightest.
    I have tried selecting the recovery option but the phone just goes straight back to the FASTBOOT screen. The same happens when I select POWER DOWN. I have held down the power and volume buttons but all that happens is the screen goes black, goes onto the charging screen with the lightning bolt inside a battery, and then goes back to the fastboot screen.
    I don't want to do a factory reset as I'm on holiday and am eligible for a new phone as soon as I get back. I just want to recover and save my holiday photos as they are, stupidly, not backed up.
    My phone had very little storage space left when I plugged it in to charge last night, and has been very slow to charge for a lot of months now.

HTC support said the only option was a factory reset. Is it possible that the photos could be recovered from my hard drive/ sd card if I took it into a shop? Is there any way of getting out of the fastboot screen myself without deleting my photos? on holiday so dontdontave a desktop or laptop, just a cheap tablet.
    Any suggestions? Thank you!
    08-30-2016 04:40 AM