Can I completely REMOVE the default voicemail app and replace it with an open source option, note 4?

A

AC Question

If I can not remove this pestering, intrusive virus from "my" personal property, then I'm thinking about going Apple! It's obnoxious! The stupid round icons to the left of each line item / message in the list IS A COMPLETE WASTE OF SPACE and the simple fact that some one would think it be useful is infuriating, I should be able to TURN THAT OFF! I want to be able to tune the interface to suit my taste and I know it can be designed that way. I flat out do everything in my power to STOP this programs from updating because the updates focus more on MUCKING UP what is already a DUMED DOWN UI and less on security patches. I HATE being 100% controlled like I'm some *****. Rooting the phone may be my next attempt at stopping this nonsense. Sorry for the rant, and I can't believe no one else is irritated by this--or when I google this issue, google blocks any thing to do with this as I can't find anything on it....we are here..... its 1984 like the book reads!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You want to go to Apple because you want to be able to customize your interface and you don't want a company controlling your phone?

I fear you might be disappointed.

Outside of rooting, you can't replace the stock.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You actually might want to consider getting an Android from a company that is more bootloader unlocked/ROM loader friendly, like One Plus, or HTC. :) Apple is NOT the answer if you want open source. Although personally I DO like Apple and feel it is a good choice for many, it's probably NOT a good for for you!

One Plus Three (or an earlier One Plus model) or one of the HTC One models is probably a better choice! :)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
PS two good voicemail options that I like are Truecaller and Youmail, they can replace the default voicemail and supersede it. I'm not sure if it gets completely removed thou.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Voicemail is off-phone - IOW, when you don't answer, the call goes to a number stores in Settings. There are very few VM services that will handle the call, though - your carrier and Google are about it.

As for the way a particular app is working (and "drawn"), you can replace the app easily - just install a different one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87