Recover Samsung S3 settings from a phone with a broken screen

A

AC Question

My son has a Samsung Galaxy S3 where USB debugging is disabled, Bluetooth is turned off, the screen is broken and the screen is totally not responsive.

He would like to recover is Gmail Account Name from this mobile phone. (We have already tried Google.)

We can display the screen via an HDMI interface on the TV but we cannot connect a mouse at the same time. I have read that the USB socket can only be used in MHL or USB mode. This seems to be correct.

We can’t see the display to use safe/recover mode on the TV. I assume that HDMI does not work in these two modes.

Copying the data onto a laptop won’t let us see the settings.

Any other ideas to help us access the settings on my son’s Samsung Galaxy S3?
I know many people have asked similar questions, but I am unable to find an answer my question.

Many thanks in advance.

LawrenceTH

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi sfoLAX,

thanks for your quick response. The mobile phone has a screen lock which we know and no SIM number. The phone is locked.

We can see the phone but not the files when we plug it into a laptop.

Regarding the question about the Gmail address, I was also shocked to find out my son knows the password but not the email address.

I have installed both Samsung Smart Switch and s Kies on a laptop. Samsung Smart Switch requires the phone to be unlocked, which it is not. S Kies does not seem to offer the recovery of set to data.

If it would be possible to enable USB debugging, then everything would be easy.

Any other ideas from yourself or other forum participates would be hugely appreciated.

Last edited: