Can a tempered glass applied save the screen after a drop ? Does it take the force of the impact ? What are the chances : the tempered glass to break and the screen to be fine, both to break or is there any chance that the sccreen to breake and the protection te be fine ?
    09-03-2016 01:38 PM
    Too many variables with no guarantees. If you drop the phone, anything can happen. I use a tempered glass screen protector for only one reason... and that is to protect the screen from scratches. I don't have high expectations of anything made of glass to survive all types of drops. Some people report that the screen protector will crack and not the screen, but I've seen too many phones that have them and still the screen cracks. Apply a protector and take your chances... just don't expect miracles.
    09-03-2016 02:04 PM
    Tempered glass can protect the screen to some extent. But there are chances that the screen can break if the device falls from a greater height.
    09-05-2016 09:27 AM
    I realize that the tempered glass is but part of the full device protection coverage.. So it would be imperative that you match up the tempered glass with a rugged cover/case:

5 Smartphone Cases to Survive (Almost) Any Drop - Hongkiat
    'Imperative' is relative to your perspective. Some people don't like cases or screen protectors at all, and some use one of the two, or both, for extra protection.

Do what makes you feel safest with your phone, but always remember... no screen protector or case is 100% drop proof, and even with both on, the right (wrong!) drop can damage your phone.

Short answer is... Sure, your phone will have a better chance of surviving a drop with a more rugged case. The best of both worlds is one with both soft (inner) and hard shells (outer).

ETA: Not all screen protectors work with some cases. Check the boards for your phone, and see what others have success with. Many protectors are now labeled as being 'case friendly', but still may not work with a specific case.
    09-06-2016 11:29 AM
    It has saved me 3 times from a cracked screen!
    09-07-2016 09:26 PM