So usually, the Google search bar on my home screen is white with the rainbow google icon and microphone icon. But yesterday when i got into bed and turned on my phone, it had changed to the white bar with smoky grey microphone icon, and a magnifying glass instead of the word "Google". It is exactly the same as the search widget, but i cant remove it. Please Help!

Edit: I fixed it before i finished typing lol. Go to settings, apps, search, and hit "disable". Then restart your device. Good luck to anyone with the same problem!
    belodion likes this.
    09-03-2016 04:40 PM
    So usually, the Google search bar on my home screen is white with the rainbow google icon and microphone icon. But yesterday when i got into bed and turned on my phone, it had changed to the white bar with smoky grey microphone icon, and a magnifying glass instead of the word "Google". It is exactly the same as the search widget, but i cant remove it. Please Help!

Edit: I fixed it before i finished typing lol. Go to settings, apps, search, and hit "disable". Then restart your device. Good luck to anyone with the same problem!
    Welcome to Android Central!

Glad you figured it out.
    09-07-2016 08:59 AM