3 entire folders for picture editors missing

A

AC Question

So I was on my way back from a place where I have no connection, and I was editing a bunch of my pictures in the meantime.

I had 3 folders with 50+ pictures each (one for the built-in studio, one for an eraser tool, and Pixlr), but now I can't find them when I got back.

I've tried a file recovery app, tried running an antivirus, tried other solutions for threads closest to my situation (including checking in the MyFiles).

None of my other folders were affected. I'm using a Galaxy S5 active, Android 6.0 Marshmallow.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Directories created by 3rd party apps are often nested in the app's own directory, and not on the main user directory. Have you used the file manager app to search for the app's own directory? It might be in the /data or /Android directory.

RW250

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I've checked both of these and more but still can't find them. The folders for the apps themselves still exist but were all empty (until I added new pictures that I've made).

RW250

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
They were saved on internal storage, but frankly I'd rather not root my phone, and it would be easier to just recreate/redownload the pictures (they were mostly memes). Thanks for your help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok. If you're not already doing so, I would suggest turning on Google Photos Backup, which can also backup images in other directories of your choosing.