Moving images around on my Galaxy S5

A

AC Question

My PC can read, cut and paste all images on my Galaxy S5. However, I can't seem to move images from one folder to another without my PC, unless I'm moving them to DCIM camera folder. I select a picture, (eg. a whatsapp picture) choose "move" or "copy", then open a folder I've created within the Pictures folder. It says "paste here", but it will not paste.
In addition, I just added a samsung 32 EVO microSDHS. The only place on the SD card where I can move images to is the camera folder in the DCIM folder on the card. I have created other folders, to organize my photos, but I can not paste any images in them. If I cut and past to a folder on my PC, I can then cut and paste back to any folder I choose on my phone. Is there some kind of setting preventing me from moving things around?

I also always have the option of creating new albums from with the Gallery, and I can move any image to or from one album to another. But the albums are on my phone (device storage), not on the SD card as far as I can tell.

What am I missing?

It just occured to me that I may be able to do this only if I use the "Gallery" app. Is that accurate? I'm confused

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to do it from any file explorer.
What file explorer are you using on your device?
Try ES File Explorer or Root Explorer to see if you can move them that way. Also try turning on developer settings in options to see if that would free up anything. When copying/ moving, I would not switch out of the app, etc. and just make sure the screen is still on, etc.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using My Files? That ought to have permission to move files to those locations. Also, what Android version is the phone running?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463