Why Did Screen Overlay Suddenly Become an Issue?

A

AC Question

I have a Galaxy Note 5 running on Android 6.0.1. A few weeks ago, I downloaded Tinder. Once it got to the screen where it asked for permission to access my camera, I hit "yes" and was hit with the "screen overlay detected" screen. Since then, the screen overlay has suddenly become an issue for almost every app I use, even apps I had already had installed and had given permission. Since then, I'v scoured the internet looking for a fix to my problem. I want the screen overlay to stop being a pain in my ***, but I still would like to use the screen overlay feature (like with Facebook's chat bubbles) on some apps like I always had until recently.

Before I get linked to some fix that worked for another user, I have already looked, and there is no "draw over other apps" option, nor is there a gear icon in the app settings. My temporary fix so far has been:
Settings>Device>Applications>Application Manager>More>Apps that can Appear on Top
from there, i basically have every single apps screen overlay feature turned off in order to use my phone. I'm sure there's a better way. Someone please help me out of this, it's driving me crazy.